Ok. Well, not usually I was told. But on this day, it sure as hell was. It was The Village Voice's Siren Music Festival.

I made the 1 hour and 45 min. trek by subway to the Southernmost part of Brooklyn to meet up with a friend, check out the music scene, and to check out this famous beach and boardwalk. It's reputation did not fail, nor did my enjoyment.

The boardwalk was filled with all the foods reminiscent of my Wildwood, NJ summers. Beach fries, funnel cakes, cotton candy, candy apples. I couldn't decide what to have. I got a hotdog and some clams from the original Nathan's Hotdogs and it was delicious.
I made the 1 hour and 45 min. trek by subway to the Southernmost part of Brooklyn to meet up with a friend, check out the music scene, and to check out this famous beach and boardwalk. It's reputation did not fail, nor did my enjoyment.
The boardwalk was filled with all the foods reminiscent of my Wildwood, NJ summers. Beach fries, funnel cakes, cotton candy, candy apples. I couldn't decide what to have. I got a hotdog and some clams from the original Nathan's Hotdogs and it was delicious.
We walked on the beach and the sand felt just as a real beach would, well, because it was a real beach. This was hard to remember though, as I was in a BEACH in NYC. A strange concept, but one I found to be a refreshing escape. We layed on the beach in our clothes. An Asian guy, carefreely laid in his underwear- the tight white kind. The beach was very very diverse. Reggaeton blaring.
Mexicans selling mangoes and Coronas illegally out of duffle bags. People of all colors...
Hip? Cool? Independent? Ahead of the trends? Ironic?
They are annoying. They try far too hard to maintain their "carefree" image. They all follow one another and their hipster trends. More like stupid.
Too much jewelry. Bad, bad, bad, bad unmelodic shit music. Euromullets. Too-big everything on girls. Too-small everything on guys. Ugly dresses. Head scarves. Rich brats.
Williamsburg isnt trendy; its Hasidic Jew.
Coney Island was lovely.
Famous. Trashy.
...Famously Trashy.


1 comment:
coming from a non-ney yorker.. that is the best line, lol
Williamsburg isnt trendy; its Hasidic Jew.
Post a Comment