I just came back from the NYC Philharmonic playing a free performance at Central Park. It seemed to be THE place to be. It was very crowded with all types of people. Many were picnicking on bread, cheese and wine (oh please. pseudo euro sophisticates), others on takeout. One group of 4 gentleman, apparently in touch with their feminine sides, took picnic a step further. They had a table, a short one with a tablecloth and wine glasses! Come on people, its Central Park!
It was disappointing because a huge section in the front was roped off for those with special passes, and the area beyond that was mostly baseball dirt. I felt like steerage in Titanic. Needless to say, scrunching in next to people on my towel was nearly impossible, but doable. This gay man in front of me was incredibly angered by those who insisted on trying to get through the packed section. So angry in fact that he HIT peoples legs who stepped on his blanket. He was such a bitch. One guy, who def liked the boys as well, was like "go f- off" after being hit by the psycho blanket man.
The wind was getting cold, it was getting dark, and I decided to leave since I really wasn't feeling the opera anyways. I wish they just could've done some Beethoven or Copland. I hear fireworks going off now in the distance that I missed. Oh well.
Deh DehDeh Dehhhhhh
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment