Thursday, June 21, 2007

Random Observations, Complaints, and Annoyances Part 1

1. I'm seemingly the only one in Manhattan with tan lines. I guess no one has been to the Hamptons yet..)

2. The water that comes out of the sink is so bad, not even Brita can save it.

3. Most people in NYC that I have come across are not fashionable. Not even a little bit. I seriously want to call Stacy and Clinton everytime I get on the subway.

4. Ice cream costs $7.99. A half gallon of Edy's for like 8 bucks. yeah right. I'm an ice cream addict and I still can't do it. I should've brought my ice cream maker from the homeland.

5. Who you know is more important than what you've done. I already lost one job before the interview because "someone's friend" got it. I need cooler friends.

6. It takes FAR too long to get to the the east side of Manhattan. I'm talking like 3 subway transfers, 40 minutes, and a bottle of vodka (optional). Either make the subways run horizontally or let me have my damn car.

7. The water temperature in the shower changes every minute. You'll be enjoying a nice warm shower then suddenly its scalding your back. Or like today, you just won't get any hot water at all.

8. The NY network on Facebook has an abundance of creepers. Here's proof:

*You have a friend request.*
Darryl says, "Hi Kathy.Have just moved to NJ for work. Was browzin tru profiles in the n/w & found urs kinda cool & interestin.I understand, u don kno me but I believe in takin chances.Just lookin 2 make new friends in a new place!(p.s: I like ur pics)."
Would you like to confirm Darryl as your friend?


UMMM WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!?!

oh. there will be more.

No comments: