Things I miss...
1. Dishwashers: It's very annoying going from having a dishwasher all my life to now having to wash every single plate, cup, spoon, pan, and glass I use. It really makes me stop and analyze before dirtying yet another dish. "Is this really worth me using/ cleaning?" This morning I opted "no" and went for a napkin instead. My cherries didn't mind.
2. Walmart: The Mecca of a good deal. Though some shudder at the mass-produced and sometimes controversially-practiced organization, I can get yogurt there for 40 cents, please!!!! And that's just the beginning, my friends. Well, unfortunately, there are no Walmarts in the NYC. The closest one is in Secaucus, NJ (yes, I looked it up), and there are no subways that run there! Despite the often hicky (not the kind on your neck, think big trucks and toothpicks) presence at my local Walmart in Elkton, MD this girl misses it and will be sure to restock when back in the homeland.
3. Mini Blinds: I really miss having mini blinds like I have in my room at home. It's so simple. You turn the handle and they open. I wish it was that easy here! In my apt, as in many in NYC I imagine, I have those kind that are like a sheet of vinyl (or something else synthetic), that you pull down to make them go up.. or that's how its supposed to work anyways.. Sometimes you pull it down and it stays down. Or you pull it down, and it only goes up like 5 centimeters. Or you pull it down a tiny bit and it rapidly rolls up. I JUST WANT TO LOOK OUTSIDE!!!
4. Carpeting: Hardwood floors are so overrated. The only reason you put it in here was to save money in the long run, land lord. It only looks nice sometimes, and feels nice rarely. I don't like walking barefoot on it. (This just in: I'm a snob) Little particles of everything getting stuck to my feet. eww. Wall-to-wall carpeting is what its about, but for me, I'll just stick to socks.
More to come I'm sure...
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I LOVE hardwood floors... and prefer to wear my shoes in the house.
To each their own.
Post a Comment